It’s finally October, our favorite time for outdoor family photo sessions! There is a special kind of magic that comes with beautiful fall photos. Here are 5 tips for beautiful fall photos.
- Dress warmly. You will be surprised at how often this is overlooked. Since you’ll be standing outside for a long period of time, short sleeves, thin fabrics, and open toe shoes will not be comfortable for very long. Shivering makes it hard to look happy and pose properly.
- Wear sunscreen. Protecting your skin should be a priority throughout the year, not just in summer. Use a good moisturizer to protect your skin from chilly winds.
- Be flexible. If the weather isn’t exactly what you had hoped for, see if you can still make the photo session work. If you are however scheduling this session in advance, you may just have to work with the weather on that particular day.
- Incorporate color. Even though fall and winter have some amazing colors to work with, why not wear a splash of color to really stand out in your photos? For example, vibrant shades of blues and greens look amazing amongst crunchy brown leaves.
- Plan your day. Taking your photos just after the sun rises or just before it sets will provide you with amazing lighting so try and plan your session around those times.
Willow & Moss Photography is a photography studio located in the historic district on Main Street in Edwardsville, Illinois. They specialize in maternity, newborn, children & family photography in the St. Louis area. Their work captures true emotion & connection through fine art photography in the studio & on location. Be sure to follow them on Facebook and Instagram.