6 Questions You Should Be Asking – Photographer Q&A
When booking a photo session you should be confident you are working with a professional. Here is a list of photographer Q&A you should consider asking before you book your photography services.
- How long have you been a photographer? The longer a photographer has been in business, the more likely it is that it’s not just a hobby for them.
- Which types of photography do you specialize in? It’s uncommon for a photographer to specialize in several different types of photography as they often only specialize in one or sometimes two genres. For example, a photographer who specializes in newborn photography might not be the best candidate to shoot wedding photos unless they have the experience in doing so.
- Do you have many repeat clients? This is a great litmus test of not only the quality of a photographer’s work but of their customer service too.
- What is your policy on rescheduling a session? An experienced photographer will definitely have a policy in place when it comes to a customer cancelling or rescheduling a photography session. A photographer with policies indicates that they have experience with different types of customers and situations and have created policies accordingly.
- Have you had any experience with (name your specific concern)? If you have any specific concerns regarding your photo session such as the photographer’s ability to work with a special needs child for example, find out if they have ever handled that type of situation before. Do not dismiss a photographer and their abilities based on their answers to your concerns. If given adequate notice, an experienced photographer should be able to deal with any situation you present them. This is the hallmark of a true pro.
- Silent Question: Use your gut to judge their personality and rapport. A photographer’s main job is to capture emotions and moments. If your photographer doesn’t mesh well with you on the phone or in person, chances are you and your family will not mesh well with them at your session and this will show in your photos.
Check out the photo galleries from Willow & Moss to see the areas of photography we specialize in. We look forward to hearing from you soon!